POST MARK COLLECTORS CLUB - POST OFFICE PHOTOGRAPH COLLECTION
Post Office: Chester, MI (Eaton County)
Date of Photo: (circa 1908)
Contributor: Paul E. Petosky, Postmarks from the Past
Comment: Chester Township. Originally established as JEFFERSON on October 5, 1837 with Peter De Riemer as its first postmaster. Name was changed to CHESTER #1 on January 29, 1842. Name was changed to ALLEN'S on February 7, 1870 and discontinued operation on March 13, 1871. CHESTER #2 was in operation from February 8, 1870 to October 13, 1873; discontinued and re-opened on May 7, 1874 and discontinued operation on October 31, 1913; mail service to RFD Charlotte.